5429 LACEUP TROUSERS
SEAM ALLOWANCES: 1 cm for all seams, 2 cm for the hem.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED: iron-on interfacing, 1 button, decorative cord, eyelets and cotton lining.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric pieces).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE MATCHING!
1. Side front – 2 pieces
2. Centre front – 2 pieces
3. Back facing – 4 pieces
4. Upper front facing – 2 pieces
5. Upper side front – 2 pieces
6. Zip guard – 1 piece
7. Back – 2 pieces
8. Carrier – 1 piece
9. Lower front facing – 2 pieces
10. Fly facing – 2 pieces
1. Pocket – 2 pieces
2. Pocket facing – 2 pieces
Interfacing: upper front facing, back facing, zip guard and fly facing.
1. Apply the interfacing to the wrong side of the upper front facing, back facing, zip guard and fly facing.
2. Stitch the front inset to the side front; neaten the seam; press the seam allowances to the side front. Topstitch 0,5 cm from the seamline.
3. Stitch the centre front to the side front; neaten the seam; press the seam allowances to the side front. Topstitch 0,5 cm from the seamline.
4. Neaten the upper side front piece outer edge; topstitch to the pocket. With right sides together, overstitch the pocket entrance with the pocket facing; topstitch the pocket opening 0,5 cm below the fold. Stitch the upper side front piece to the pocket facing around the inner edges. Neaten this seam. Stitch the pocket to the front at the side/waist edges.
5. Topstitch the lower front facing to the front. Topstitch the back lower facing to the back. Neaten and press the seam allowances to the facings.
6. Neaten the side edges, inside leg and the crotch edges of the garment.
7. Stitch the front centre seam, stop stitching 2 cm before the inside leg edges.
8. Fold the zip guard inside out and overstitch along a short edges; turn it right side out; neaten the zip guard side edges together. Place the zip guard under the left front piece 2 cm from the edge of the front opening and tack (with the guard upper edge on the upper facing fashion seamline level). Topstitch on the right side of the garment through the garment and the zip guard. The zip guard
9. Stitch the fly facing centre edges up to the notch; press the seam open. Press the facing outer edges under. Overstitch the front opening with the fly facing; pull the facing to the right side of the garment and press.
10. With right sides inside, press the carrier piece in half lengthways; stitch 0,5-0,7 cm from the fold; turn right side out and press.
11. Stitch the inside leg seams; press them open. Stitch the back crotch seam and 2 cm of the front centre seam.
12. Stitch the garment side seams; press them open.
13. Join the upper facings across the side seams; press the seams open. Press the lower edge of the top facing to the wrong side. Pin the under facing to the garment with the right side to the wrong side and stitch around the garment top edge, placing the fly facing under the front facing. Topstitch the seam allowances to the under facing. Press.
14. Cut carriers. Clip the seam allowances at the fly facing corners and turn the facings right side out. Topstitch the top facing in the previously made seam sandwiching the carriers. Topstitch the carriers to the facing upper edge.
15. Topstitch the fly facing to the front.
16. Neaten the trousers lower edges; press them under; topstitch.
17. Attach eyelets; pull the cord through the eyelets.