5451 TROUSERS WITH CORD
YOU NEED: wool, fusing, zipper, hook, eye.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Button catch – 1 piece
2. Front part – 2 pieces
3. Back part – 2 pieces
4. Waistband – 1 piece
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of waistband and button catch.
2. Sew front/back darts. Press front darts into front center. Press back darts into back center.
3. Neaten: edges of back side part and front part, side leg edges of front part and back part; front edge and middle edge. Sew side seams of front/back parts. Press seams apart.
4. Sew side leg seam and press it apart. Sew front edge and middle edge to closure notch. Make another stitch on side leg seam, close to seam of joining front and middle seam.
5. Press closure one-piece facings into wrong side. Sew the zipper under closure slit allowance (left edge). Sew zipper free braid to right one-piece facing. Fold button catch along the center and overstitch lower short edge. Topstitch closure one-piece facing on button catch at left edge. Topstitch slit right edge catching facing.
6. Make buttonholes into waistband. Press the waistband along the center, wrong side inside, and neaten lower inner edge of waistband.
7. Turn ends of cords under. Fold cords along the center and make stitch at 0.7 cm from bending. Turn cords right side out and press them. Sew ends.
8. Sew the waistband to garment upper edge. Neaten waistband ends, slash allowances in corners, then turn tight side out. Topstitch waistband lower ready edge on joining seam, then press ready waistband. Pull the cord into waistband.
9. Press the hem under and topstitch.
10. Sew hook on waistband right ends, sew the loop on left one.