YOU NEED: silk/viscose; fusing; decorative cord; tabs.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams.
NB! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Front part – 1 piece
2. Back part – 2 pieces
3. Front neckline facing – 1 piece
4. Back neckline facing – 1 piece
5. Front inset – 2 pieces
6. Back inset – 2 pieces
7. Lower back part – 1 piece
8. Lower front part – 1 piece
Fusing: front/back neckline facing.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of front/back neckline facing.
2. Stitch darts into upper front part, press darts towards front center.
3. Stitch back darts. Press darts towards back center.
4. Stitch middle back seam and neaten it. Press middle back seam leftwards.
5. Stitch side/shoulder edges. Neaten seams and press them backwards.
6. Stitch side edges of lower front/back parts. Neaten seams and press them backwards.
7. Stitch side edges of front/back insets. Press seams apart.
8. Make loose stitch at 0.5 cm from upper edge of lower front/back part. Gather equally upper edge according to front/back inset’s lower edge (see length of lower front/back parts on patterns).
9. Make buttonholes into upper front inset. Neaten lower edge of inner front/back insets. Stitch front/back outer inset to upper edge of lower front/back parts. Stitch upper front/back parts to inner/outer front/back insets so that top’s upper part was between insets. Fold inner inset downwards and topstitch on the seam joining outer inset.
10. Stitch facing’s shoulder seams. Neaten facing’s outer edges. Lay facings on the blouse right sides together and overstitch front/back neckline. Topstitch front/back neckline overstitching on the facing at 0.2 cm from overstitching seam. Press front/back neckline. Fix front/back neckline’s facing shoulder seams to blouse shoulder seams with 1 cm stitch.
11. Neaten armholes, fold edges into wrong side and topstitch.
12. Neaten top hem, fold it into wrong side and topstitch. Pull the cord into loops and set tabs.