YOU NEED: gabardine; lining; fusing; elastic braid; 4 buttons.
1. Center back part – 1 folded piece
3. Side back part – 2 pieces
4. Side front part – 2 pieces
5. Center front part – 2 pieces
6. Front band – 2 pieces
8. Pocket frame – 4 pieces
9. Valance – 2 pieces
2. Back part – 1 folded piece
7. Front part – 2 pieces
Fusing: front bands, center front parts, pocket frames.
1. Stitch back relieve seams inserting elastic braids according to marks. Stitch front relieve seams.
2. Cut front slit pockets “in frames”: press pocket facings along the center wrong side out. Apply the stripe of fusing of 4 cm width to wrong side of pocket marking. Lay pocket facings on front part, pin them together along pocket entrance marking and stitch. Lengthwise edges of facings coincides to pocket marking middle line! Cut the front part between stitches, cut the fabric diagonally at stitch ends. Do not cut facings! Fold facings into wrong side through the slit, then tack. Turn small triangles at slit ends into wrong side and topstitch accurately between upper stitch ends and lower stitch ends. Neaten the valance along all edges, lay it on front side’s wrong side on facings, and topstitch facings along joining seam.
3. Stitch side seams.
4. Stitch lining details along side seams, stitch front bands to lining. Lay fabric details on lining ones right sides together, stitch them together along the contour and along armhole contour; so not stitch shoulder seams. Turn details right side out.
5. Stitch shoulder seams in fabric details. Stitch lining shoulder seams with blind stitches.
6. Topstitch ready garment along the edge.
7. Make buttonholes into right edge, sew buttons on left one.