7110 TROUSERS WITH PATCH POCKETS
YOU NEED: soft wool/knitwear, elastic braid, decorative cord, tabs.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 3 cm for hems.
NB! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
NB! Waistband’s elastic braid is of 3 cm width!
1. Waistband – 1 piece
2. Back part – 2 pieces
3. Upper front part – 2 pieces
4. Lower front part – 2 pieces
5. Side pocket – 2 pieces
6. Side front part – 2 pieces
7. Flap – 4 pieces
8. Lower pocket – 2 pieces
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of flaps.
2. Stitch upper front parts to lower front parts. Neaten the seam and press it downwards, topstitch from 0.2 cm from the seam.
3. Lay sacking on upper front part right sides together.
4. Neaten side seams, stitch them, press backwards.
5. Lay flaps right sides together, then overstitch. Cut corner allowances and turn right side out. Topstitch along flaps’ contour at 0.5 cm from edges and neaten flaps’ upper edges.
6. Neaten the pocket along contour and press it according to the pattern. Fold upper edge into wrong side and topstitch. Topstitch lower pocket on lower front part. Topstitch the flap, press it downwards and topstitch close to joining seam.
7. Stitch inseams and neaten them, press them backwards. Stitch front/middle edges. Make another stitch along crotch seam close to the stitch joining front/middle seam.
8. Neaten waistband’s lower inner edge. Make holes for the cord into waistband. Press the waistband along the center right side out. Unfold the waistband and stitch it in ring.
9. Stitch waistband’s outer part to trousers’ upper edge. Topstitch waistband’s lower neatened edge along waistband joining seam leaving a holes for elastic braid. Pull elastic braid in and stitch it in ring. Pull the cord in and set tabs.