You need: middle/high stretchable jersey (natural or mixed) with lycra, end-on and broadside stretchable; cotton jersey for gusset, elastic braid of 0.7 cm width (band’s length is equal to length of edge «-» 0.7).
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCES: 1.5 cm for sleeve hems. 1 cm for other seam.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Upper back part – 1 piece
2. Left back inset – 1 piece
3. Central back inset – 1 piece
4. Right back inset – 1 piece
5. Lower back part – 1 piece
6. Upper front part – 1 piece
7. Left front inset – 1 piece
8. Center front inset – 1 piece
9. Right front inset – 1 piece
10. Lower front/back part – 1 piece
11. Sleeve – 2 pieces
1. Gusset – 1 piece
OUR ADVICE: stitch jersey details with special elastic/zig zag stitches. If you use an overlock, cut seam allowances till 0.6-0.8 cm width. Topstitch hem allowances with double needle to save elasticity.
1. Back part: Stitch left inset to upper part. Neaten seams and press them toward inset. Stitch right inset to lower part. Neaten seams and press them toward inset. Stitch center inset to upper/lower parts. Neaten seams and press them toward center inset.
2. Front part: the same as back part.
3. Neaten gusset’s upper edge. Lay the gusset on front part right sides together, insert back part and stitch details along lower edge. Neaten the seam and press it. Turn details right side out. Stitch the gusset to leg holes at front part.
4. Stitch side/shoulder edges. Neaten seams and press them.
5. Stitch elastic braid to neckline and leg holes. Fold edges under and topstitch with narrow zig zags.
6. Stitch sleeve seams. Neaten seams and press them.
7. Stitch sleeves into armholes coinciding notches. Neaten seams and press them.
8. Neaten sleeve hems. Fold hems into wrong side, press, then topstitch.