FABRIC: natural or mixed silk (satin, atlas) 150 cm. in width.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED: elastic lace tape with scalloped edge.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric pieces).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES Ц THEY MUST BE MATCHING!
1. Back - 1 folded piece
2. Cup Ц 2 pieces
3. Front - 1 folded piece
4. Strap Ц 2 pieces
5. Back facing - 1 folded piece
6. Trimming Ц 1 piece
1. Stitch the front/back darts.
2. Pin the lace tape to the cup top edges adjusting the edges. Press the lace making necessary shape. Make splits at the corners of the lace and stitch them as seams. Cut and neaten the seam allowance. Topstitch the lower edge of the lace to the cups. Cut the cups fabric under the lace leaving 1cm. allowance. Press this allowance to the cups. Stitch the lower edge of the lace to the cups with narrow zigzag stitch. Cut the extra fabric close to the seam.
3. Stitch the cup darts. Stitch the cups to the front piece.
4. Make up shoulder straps.
5. With right sides together place the back facing on the back top edge. Stitch sandwiching the shoulder straps between. Trim the seam allowance leaving 0,3 cm. Fold the facing to the wrong side, tack and press it.
6. Try the chemise on, check the length of the shoulder straps and stitch them to the top corners of the cups.
7. Measure the width of the hem. Cut piece of the lace tape according to this size, sew its side edges together. Stitch the lace to the hem face to face. Press the seam upwards and topstitch it to the garment on the skirt close to the seam.