FABRIC: natural or mixed silk material 150 cm in width.
YOU NEED AS WELL: contrast fabric or bias binding for trimming.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric pieces).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES Ц THEY MUST BE MATCHING!
1. Back Ц 2 pieces
2. Upper side front Ц 2 pieces
3. Centre front Ц1 folded piece
4. Front facing Ц 1 piece
5. Armhole facing Ц 2 pieces
6. Loop Ц 2 pieces
1. Stitch the centre back edges, press the seam to the left. Stitch the side and curves edges, leaving a slits open. Press the side seams backwards, press the curved seams open.
2. With right sides together, pin the facing to the garment along the top front edge. Stitch the facing 0,5 cm below the edge.
Flip the free edge of facing inside, over the top garment edge, and fold the facing raw edge the under to hide it. Topstitch on the right side to the previous seam.
3. Stitch the short raw edges of the armhole facings. Stitch the facing to the top edge of the garment making neck strap.
4. Press the slit seam allowances and the hem to the wrong side and topstitch 0,1 cm. above the foldline.
5. Make up loops, press them. Stitch the loops to the top back edge according to the marks.
6. Fit the chemise, place the shoulder straps into the loops, check the length and fix them.