FABRIC: natural or mixed silk material 150 cm. in width.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED: one-colored atlas for the trimming.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric pieces).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE MATCHING!
1. Upper Back – 1 folded piece
2. Lower back – 2 pieces
3. Cup – 2 pieces
5. Lower front –1 folded piece
4. Under cup – 2 pieces
6. Back facing – 1 piece
7. Shoulder strap – 2 pieces
1. Stitch the centre edges of the lower back pieces. Stitch the lower/upper back pieces together. Press the seam upwards. Topstitch the seam allowances to the upper back piece.
2. Stitch the darts at the top/under cups, pin the cups together right side inside and overstitch the top and centre edges. Turn right side out. Tack an edging from the under cups and press these. Stitch the cups to the lower front piece.
3. Stitch the side seams.
4. Stitch the shoulder straps to the back facing and stitch it to the top back/armhole’s edges. Fold the facing to the wrong side of the garment. Topstitch it working on the right side of the garment on the previous seam.
5. Try the chemise on, check the shoulder strap lengths and fix them to the garment front.