FABRIC: soft easy draping natural or mixed silk material 150 cm. in width (viscose poplin).
YOU WILL ALSO NEED: netted lace edging; elastic tape; elastic shirring thread.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric pieces).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE MATCHING!
1. Centre back – 1 folded piece
2. Side back – 2 pieces
3. Side top front – 2 pieces
4. Centre front –1 folded piece
5. Lower front – 2 pieces
6. Strap – 2 pieces
6. Inset – 2 pieces
1. Stitch the centre seam of the lower front pieces.
2. Neaten and fold the seam allowances along the plonk seam of the insets under the upper/centre front pieces. Pin the insets with the edges 0,5cm. out these edges and topstitch them to the garment.
3. Stitch the top/lower front pieces together.
4. Place the elastic shirring thread in the wrong side of the centre back
according to the marks. Zigzag stitch over the elastic on the wrong side,
pull up the elastic to gather the fabric. Knot securely.
5. Press the top centre back edge to the wrong side and topstitch it making casing. Thread the elastic through the casing, stretch it and fix the ends. Press the top edges of the front pieces to the wrong side and topstitch them.
6. Stitch the back curved edges; stitch the side seams.
7. Fold each shoulder strap in half lengthways and stitch leaving one end unstitched. Turn them right sides out and press flat. Sew the straps under the cups corners.
Try the chemise on and check the strap’s lengths then fix them to the back.
8. Neaten the hem, press it to the wrong side and stitch in place.