5440 DENIM CORSETS
YOU NEED: denim, a cord, fusing.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Center front part – 2 pieces
2. Placket – 2 pieces
3. Side front part – 2 pieces
4. Center back part – 2 pieces
5. Side back part – 2 pieces
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of placket.
2. Sew front/back relieve seams. Neaten front/back relieve seams. Press relieve seams toward the center. Make decorative seam at 0.5 cm from relieve seams.
3. Sew back middle seam, and neaten it. Press back middle seam towards right back part. Make decorative seam at 0.5 cm from joining seams.
4. Sew shoulder and side seams, then neaten them. Press side/shoulder seams backwards. Make decorative seam at 0.5 cm from joining seams.
5. Neaten front/back neckline edge, front part edge and garment hem edge. Topstitch ready edges on the garment at 0.5 cm from edge.
6. Press placket outer edge at 1 cm. Fold the placket along the center, right side together, and press. Overstitch upper/lower corners of placket. Cut extra fabric at corners, and turn the placket right side out. Press the placket. Sew placket raw edge to middle edge of center front part.
7. Cut a stripe of fabric for button loops of 3 cm width. Fold the stripe along the center and make a stitch at 0.5 cm from bending, overstitching one end. Turn the stripe right side out and press. Cut loops of 6 cm length.
8. Tack loops to placket pressed edge. Topstitch the placket on center front part. Remove tacking. Turn loops towards center front part and topstitch them on the placket.